Get ready for it, I’m about to get all grateful. How could I not be? You guys, today I woke up at the crack of my…well, you don’t really want to know. Let’s just say I got up really early and headed off to the airport and got on a jet plane to Charlotte, North Carolina. At the moment I am sitting in a very nice hotel, Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, writing on my tablet and this is all possible because of you.
But Claudya, you are saying, I did not buy you a plane ticket, book you a hotel room, and give you a tablet to write on. Well, you might as well have. Just by reading these words you make these experiences happen for me. These are the perks of my job as a blogger and you make them happen. So thank you.
I’m here in Charlotte because I work as a blogger with BRITAX (makers of awesome car seats and strollers) and they have invited me and fellow bloggers to visit their new headquarters tomorrow. It’s a super smart thing to do because the last time they invited us to their previous digs, we fell even more in love with the products they produce. You can see a product in a store and think of it as just a product, but when you see what goes into making something, the care, the technology, the actual hands that put the product together, it changes how you feel about the product. You see safety, you see care, you see families that are being supported through their employment with the company.
Anyway, when I have bloggy related moments like this, I am so grateful. I am so amazed that just by sharing my thoughts with others I get to experience different places, different people, and different hotel beds.
Oh I’m not gonna lie, I love me some hotel beds! To be sent to a nice hotel where I getting totally taken care of…HEAVEN!!!
So I’m going to list some of my favorite blogging job perks thus far:
- Writing on a regular basis. Who knew I had so much to say? Well, my husband did, but now he gets a break every once in a while.
- Travel. Oh, how I’ve wanted to travel my whole life, but
financessomething always got in the way.
- Meeting new people. Mamihood can be isolating and consist of only meeting people through your kids. Thanks to my bloggy world, I know all sorts of fantastic people. Present company included.
- Stuff. I get stuff sometimes like the Surface tablet I’m writing on for working on a campaign with Microsoft. I won it. I’ve won tons of other stuff too, some of it from you if you happen to have a blog and I entered one of your giveaways. I can no longer say that I never win anything because I totally do.
- A means to support my family. I did not know when I started blogging that it could lead to a career. I am now a writer. Like a full on paid staff writer with benefits and the whole thing and it all came from building a body of work on my blog.
- YOU!!! The most awesome perk of blogging by far is YOU! I get to interact with you. I get to grow because of you. I learn things because of you. Warning: I am about to get CHEESY. I feel connected because of you. I’m not alone and I never have been, but sometimes I felt alone. I don’t feel that way any more. How can I when I know I have a friends in India, Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Washington, Alaska, England, Germany, and way too many other places to name?
So thank you for being the single BEST job perk that I have. You rock my world.
(don’t forget to add “in bed” at the end, if you are so inclined):
Be grateful for all the perks you get.
If you’d like to play along, grab a button from the sidebar, link up, and frag on! Also, feel free to check out the dos and don’ts of Friday Fragments.