We here are huge fans of LeapFrog products and whenever we’re given an opportunity to review one, we jump at the chance. When I was asked if we would be interested in reviewing the new LeapBand, which is an interactive sort of activity tracker and motivator for kids, I said yes, but to be honest I was a bit skeptical. I mean how exciting could a fitness monitor type device actually be for a kid? Well, turns out it’s super fun.
My eldest, Put Pie, is 6 years old and I can tell you that of all the LeapFrog products she’s ever tried none has met with the level of enthusiasm that the LeapBand had gotten. She loves that it wears like a watch. Don’t tell her that I told you this, but I think that wearing the LeapBand on her wrist makes her feel some kind of important.
Here are the things that she loves about the most about the LeapBand:
- That she can customize virtual pets.
- That she can earn Joules for doing physical activities.
- That it works as a watch.
- That she can use it as a stopwatch to time her own challenges.
- That she can wear it on her wrist pretty much most of the time.
Here are the things that I love the most about the LeapBand:
- The battery is rechargeable and lasts about 3-4 days.
- I can set quiet times for the LeapBand so that during school hours and sleep time all it does is show the time.
- I’ve never seen my kid move so much indoors and be so excited about it.
- It reminds her to drink water and she actually does it.
- It encourages her to eat healthy, she’s still on the fence about eating broccoli on a regular basis, but she’s considering it.
I highly recommend the LeapBand for a child between the ages of 4-7 years old in your life and so does Put Pie.