Let me preface this by saying that I am a Latina mother and I’m sick. I’ve been sick for days and now I’m starting to get a little bit bitter because you know what? When everyone else is sick, I have to deal with it and take care of them and when I’m sick I still have to deal with them and take care of myself. So not fair!
So, in case you are wondering or just need to commiserate because I know I’m not alone, SICK LATINA MOTHERS BE LIKE:
- Isn’t anyone going to force me to drink some te de manzanilla? Do I live with salvages?
- Uh, why isn’t anyone rubbing el Vaporub on my chest or feet? Desconsiderados.
- Unbelievable! I finally get my marido to rub the Vaporu on my chest and now he’s trying to get busy with me? I’m disgusting, covered in mocos and smell like menthol and this mañoso wants some of this nastiness!
ALSO READ: 10 Reasons Why I Don’t Do My Kid’s Homework
- Do they not hear me sneezing? Not one single “salud?” What have I done to deserve this?
- Do I have to be dying to get some sopa de fideo up in here?
- I can’t believe I’ve been laying in this bed for three hours and no one has come in to check on me. I could be dead and they wouldn’t even know.
- I’m so hungry and this so called familia of mine won’t even bring me ginger ale and saltine crackers. Qué malos.
- Hello?! Can I get a sana sana colita de rana up in here?! Anything?!
- Oh, look. My kids are coming in to check on me how sweet. Strike that, they came in to tell me they are hungry. “Go tell your papi that you are hungry and tell him he’s supposed to be checking on me! I need some compassion, cariño and sopa ASAP! ”
- I want my MAMI! She’s the only one who knows how to take care of me when I’m sick.
Sick Latina moms need some tender loving care too! Get them some sopa, te de manzanilla and check up on them once in awhile, okay?