I have a summer to do list, do you? I’ve just discovered the joys of making lists. I know, right?! What took me so long? I just never saw the need before, then I procreated and lost all memory skills as soon as my first child was born (perhaps, memory passes with the placenta). Now lists are my default memory. I write things down, cross them off, and feel so accomplished.
My favorite list so far is my Summer To Do List. It’s an ongoing list that is all about fun and family bonding. It’s a joy to cross things off things to do with my family and it’s even fun to add things to the list. Check it out, it’s a work in progress so some things have been crossed off:
Pretend our backyard is a resort in the Mexican Riviera.
- Roll down a grassy knoll.
Let the kids stay up way past their bedtime.
- Take an unscheduled tangled family nap together.
- Laugh until our sides hurt.
Go to a fair.
- Have ice cream for dinner (one time won’t kill us).
- Come home exhausted smelling of salt, sand, and sun.
- Take long walks without a destination in mind.
Walk hand in hand, blocking the entire sidewalk, giggling, and taking up more room than we are entitled to.
- Start going on family jogs with this baby (we’re anxiously waiting for our new Bob Stroller Strides Duallie to arrive):
- Watch a bad movie together.
- Watch a great movie together.
- Invite friends over for a BBQ.
- Visit family in Sacramento.
- Sit around a fire at night and snuggle.
Make a wish on a dandelion.
Any suggestions to add to this list? What are you up to this summer?
This is a sponsored post as a Britax Latina Advisory Board Member and Blogger. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own. Photo of Duallie courtesy of BOB, a BRITAX product.