I wish for big things and when I get them I profusely thank the Universe, but I also remember to thank the Universe when little wishes come true. It’s called positive reinforcement and the Universe responds well to it.
For example, the other day it was hot as Hades and I wished out loud for a popsicle while I was waiting for my eldest daughter to be done with school. When she walked up to me, I kid you not, she pulled a popsicle out from behind her back and said, “Here!” Yup, I got a popsicle within minutes of wishing for it. Now you might be all, “But Claudya that’s just a coincidence.” Uh-uh, it’s not like she gets popsicles at school on the regular. The Universe sent me a popsicle, that’s all there is to it. So I was all, “Thank you, thank you, Universe. You da best.”
But wait, that’s not all. That same day before I got the popsicle, I was chaperoning my youngest daughter on a field trip and I mentioned to a fellow mom that although it’s cheesy I’ve always wanted to go on one of those Big Bus tours of San Francisco. When I get home, my eldest daughter pulls out some handouts she was told to bring home and one of them was about how her class is going on one of those Big Bus tours and they need chaperones. WHAAA?! You see? Come on, if that’s not the Universe sending me little gifts, then my name is Lodo.
I tell you this, not to brag about how much the Universe clearly wants me to have what I want, but to encourage you to be grateful for the little things even as you wait for the big things.
Here’s what I’m wishing for this week…
Wishes for myself:
- I am in some kind of bitch-tastic mood and not in a good way. Let’s move it along with that nonsense and bring on happy, happy, joy, joy.
- We’re going to Great America (as guests of Great America) for the first time on Saturday. Let us all have a great time and thank you for the opportunity, Universe. You always provide wonderful experiences for our family, don’t think we haven’t noticed.
Wishes for others:
- Helena wants clarity. I asked if she could be clearer about what she wants, but I’m just the middleperson; I’m sure you know what kind of clarity she’s talkin’ about.
- Sharice wants a successful outcome to this upcoming hearing.
- Connie is lacking focus and would like some. Now, I’m not the Universe, but might I suggest meditating? Just a few minutes every morning or at night before you go to bed. Focus on your breath. Or even pausing throughout the day when you find yourself losing focus and simply inhale and exhale three times intentionally with focus. It helps and takes so little time.
- Meryland thanks you ahead of time for getting her back to 100 percent after battling a head cold and allergies. She’s got a lot to get done and is so looking forward to feeling fantastic as she’s takin’ care of business.
- Keep Mari safe as she travels and send her inspirational opportunities that recharge her batteries.
- Joey is eagerly awaiting good news from a prospective employer. Make it happen! Let that phone ring or buzz or play some cheesy song and when he answers, let it be a YES!
- Cat wants to make a wish for me and my eyes welled up with tears because AWWW! She wants to know what I would like her to wish for on my behalf. Cat, I want the means to buy a house with land so that my husband can grow whatever he wants on it and our family can thrive.
That’s it for me this week. What are you wishing for?