Cheese, glorious cheese! I am a big fan of cheese. One of the ways that I particularly enjoy it is baked until crispy. My husband and I started making Chicharrones de Queso or Cheese Crisps before we even knew they had a name or that other people were making them too. It just goes to show that you can’t keep a good idea from spreading.
If you are a fan of cheese this crispy, cracklin’ goodness is irresistible.
Here’s how I make it…
You will need:
- Shredded cheese of your choice.
- A non-stick cookie sheet (or you can use parchment paper on a cookie sheet if you don’t have a non stick one).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the cheese loosely over the cookie sheet. You can either make one large circle or a few smaller circles.
- Place in the oven and bake until the edges start looking crispy.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain excess oil.
- You can either serve them in the shape they come out or carefully roll them while still hot using a spatula to loosen them from the cookie sheet and a drinking glass to provide the shape.
Whether you make them in a small size…
or a large size…
they are delicious!
You may have noticed that I used Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese. We are big fans of Tillamook in our house. Tillamook makes delicious cheeses, the Extra Sharp Cheddar being one of our favorites. We appreciate Tillamook for the flavor, the all natural ingredients, and for being farmer owned. Their pride is apparent. See for yourself…
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All statements and opinions are my own.