I am freakin’ exhausted, Universe. I want to crawl into bed, fall asleep and not wake up until the weather stops going berserk and causing so much devastation, until our country makes some kind of sense. Instead, I will do what I do weekly and channel my hopeful energy into asking for what I want.
Here’s what I’m wishing for this week…
Wishes for myself:
- Please, please, please no more environmental disasters causing death, destruction and ecological refugees.
- Let those of us who have not been directly affected by hurricanes remember those who have. Let us give and continue to give. Nature has no mercy so it’s up to us to be the merciful ones.
- I’m dreaming of a day when DREAMers can feel secure in this country.
- My youngest’s blood pressure has been high. This is of particular concern because she only has one kidney. For the next 24 hours she is wearing a blood pressure monitor. Please let the results be positive. That child is magic, please send her more magic.
Wishes for others:
- Taca’s dreams are with DREAMers as well. She wants Congress to do right by DACA recipients and not let them turn into scapegoats to benefit the proposed RAISE Act.
- Donna wants enlightenment for Congress when it comes to DACA, that freakin’ wall, education, health care and helping people, as in “we the people” because “we the people” need some serious help right now. Also, shrink the Keebler Elf three sizes.
- Edith is in Puerto Rico and so is Hurricane Irma. Keep her and the island safe. Hang in there, Edith.
- Maybelline wants Irma to GTFO, she is not wanted or welcome and neither are any other formations.
- Audrey wants Irma to bypass friends that live in Florida and Puerto Rico. She also wants DACA recipients to be taken care of and be protected from the “a-hole in the WH.”
- Todd hopes for the safety and care of animals after the hurricanes.
- Maxine made me cry by wishing that I continue to be who I am and that I not change for anyone. Maxine, your words came right when I needed them. Thank you.
- Two wishes for Amanda: keep her home safe and sound during Hurricane Irma and may her uncle have a successful surgery tomorrow.
That’s it for me. What are you wishing for?
This post is part of the Wednesday Wishes series.