Being the mami of a toddler and an infant means…
- that you get less sleep than anyone else in your household.
- that you get to bathe less than anyone else in your household.
- that by the time you get to eat, your food is cold.
- that it takes you 2 hours to get ready and leave the house and by the time you leave the kids look great, but you are covered in spit up and baby shit suspicious mustard-colored stains.
- that when you go visit family or friends you will spend most of the time holed up in a room trying to get your kids to nap because they are over-tired and grouchy.
- that when the kids finally fall asleep you will still be stuck in the room because the only way you could get them to nap was by letting them lay on top of you and you don’t dare move for fear of waking them and having to start the process all over again.
- that even though you are missing out on all the fun the other adults (including your husband) are having, you don’t mind one bit because you know you are right where you need to be and your babies will not be babies for very long and right now you get to feel their warmth and smell their still sweet breath and be amazed that you are the only person in their lives that can bring them so much comfort.
I showed you mine, now show me yours.
Share your city/town/suburb/you name it! If you link up, please link back or post the Sundays In My City button either in your post or sidebar to let people know that other bloggers are sharing their communities too. Happy trails!