I fell in love with an orzo salad at a child’s birthday party. It was love at first, second, and fifteenth bite. I’ve since recreated my own version many times and I find that my love has not faded.
- 1 pound uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- As many drained, pitted, and sliced in half Kalamata olives as you like
- As much fresh, chopped basil as you like
- 6 ounces of crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
In addition to the vinegar,
Add fresh chopped basil to taste.