Hola Chulas y Chulos (and cholos are totally welcome too)! It’s time for The Flying Chancla Report. I, being a Latina that does not use her chancla on her kids, set it free to search the internets far and wide to gather stories that we can all give a flying chancla about.
Here’s what my chancla landed on this week:
- Hangry much? Man do I resemble every single bit of this BuzzFeed video when I’m past the point of hunger and well into hanger. Check it out and then tell me, what are you like when you are hangry?
- Okay, before we get into this next bit, I should come clean and tell you that I am a recovering Catholic and by that I mean I was raised Catholic, but no longer consider myself Catholic. Regardless, I have been keeping tabs on Pope Francis because as far as I can tell he is the dopest pope in my lifetime. He is WAY more progressive than any other pope I’ve known about. He tells the ladies not to feel bad about whipping out the chichis at the Sistine Chapel if their babies need to nurse and stuff like that, but when it comes to corporal punishment he’s till old school. Pope Francis pretty much said that it’s okay to hit your kid as long as their “dignity is maintained.” Riddle me this though, how do you managed to make a child feel dignified while you hit them? Do you put a crown on them and then spank? Oh and Pope Francis thinks it’s greedy not to have kids. He said, “The choice to not have children is selfish.” I agree, but so is the choice to have children. Just depends on how you define selfish.
- The way that Justin Timberlake confirmed that Jessica Biel is indeed pregnant is too cute so I have to share because … AWWW! The caption on the Instagram photo reads, “Thank you EVERYONE for the Bday wishes! This year, I’m getting the GREATEST GIFT EVER. CAN’T WAIT. #BoyOrGirl #YouNeverKnow #WeDontEvenKnow #WeAreTakingBets”
- Over at latinamom.me, I wrote about why Disney’s Princess Elena is Latina enough for me. If it were up to me princesses would not matter in my household, but I gave birth to a die-hard princess lover and wannabe and she’s affected big time by this stuff.
- If you’ve ever had a job where you are tasked to write a headline for the internet, then this post about why internet headline writers hate themselves will resonate with you. If you are someone who consumes content on the internet, you should still give it a read to find out what is being done to make you click on headlines.
- Ever wonder why Latinos speak in bilingual sentences? Pues, here you go with the respuesta!
- Parents in California are reportedly throwing measels parties to infect their unvaccinated children. I’m sorry, but WTF?! I just can’t get behind the concept. Nope, sorry, can’t do it.
- Oh man, what with the whole measels situation going on, this video cracks me up. A solution to how kids who aren’t vaccinated can avoid feeling ostracized.
- Ever wonder what’s going to happen to your Facebook account when you kick the bucket? Well, know you can pass your Facebook account down to an heir. You might want to leave them something else as well, so they don’t get bummed that all they get are your status updates.
- I’m sure you’ve heard of the whole food truck craze — if you haven’t, where have you been? — well, now there is a food bike craze stirring. I kinda love the idea, don’t you?
- Loving this HotDudesReading account on Instagram #NoKindles. What’s there not to like about an attractive male reading a book?
That’s it for this week’s installment of The Flying Chancla Report. Hope you enjoyed it and if you find anything you think my chancla would be interested in, be sure to email it to me at email@example.com