WordPress sends out an annual blogging report to those that use their stat services, which is a nice time capsule and a great way to look back at your year in blogging.
Funny thing is that last year when I got it, I was like, “I don’t get it, it’s just animated fireworks.” Well, that’s because I didn’t scroll down. Duh! This year I did scroll down and it was WAY more informative and interesting (to me at least). It got me thinking of what a great year it has been blogging-wise and how things are just bound to get better in 2013.
So with info from both WordPress and Google Analytics, I present to you:
my year in blogging…
In 2012, I posted 313 times (as of the release of the WP report). The busiest day of the year for this blog was February 18th with 2,776 pageviews (according to GA). The most popular post that day was Baking Broken Bits of Crayons.
Attractions in 2012…
The most popular posts were:
- Shit White Girls Say…to Mexican Girls (12,481 views)
- Baking Broken Bits of Crayons (10,561 views)
- 101 Ways to Praise a Bilingual Child (6,026 views)
- Advice for the Bride to Be (5,658 views)
- DIY Laundry Soap (3,811 views)
Top Referring Sites in 2012…
- StumbleUpon.com (5,980 referrals)
- Facebook.com (3,078 referrals)
- online-sweepstakes.com (2,437 referrals)
- Twitter.com (1,817)
- HalfPastKissintime.com (1,014 referrals…Thank you Mrs. 4444!)
Top Keyword Traffic for 2012…
Countries Represented by Visitors in 2012…
165 countries in all were represented with most visits coming from The United States with Canada and The United Kingdom not far behind.
Top Commenters of 2012
- lisleman (256 comments)
- dpucci9972 (222 comments)
- Vidya Sury (210 comments)
- Eva Gallant (147 Comments)
- fraukmwest (135 comments)
All 5 of my top commenters have blogs of their own that I visit regularly and I HIGHLY recommend you visit them.
And that’s about it my friends. 2012 was a very rewarding year for me blog-wise and I am so excited to see what 2013 brings.
Wishing you a wonderfully productive and spectacularly rewarding year!